Monday, September 15, 2008

A year ago

It is hard to believe, but a year ago I was put on strict bed rest. I was 24 weeks at the time, and just stopped working on September 12. I had a regular scheduled doctor's appointment that day, and after the appointment Ruairi and I were suppose to go down to my parent's house for my baby shower. Well, none of that happened. At my appointment the doctor's noticed that my cervix was starting to shorten and I was having contractions. I was sent over to labor and delivery were I was given steroid shots to help develop the babies lungs and started on magnesium sulfate to stop on contractions. After a few days on magnesium sulfate, the doctors then switched me over to procardia to help stop contractions. This was the start of my long 8 weeks on bed rest. It is hard to believe that in 8 weeks my babies are going to be 1 year old. They are getting so big so fast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow I cant believe its already been a year!!! By the way in one year you have changed at least 7665 diapers!